Summer taxes are mailed around July 1st and are due and payable on receipt through September 14th without interest. September 15 and thereafter, taxes are late and accrue a 1% late fee per month until paid, i.e. 1% in September, 2% in October, etc. After March 1, they are delinquent and must be paid at the county Treasurer's office.
Winter taxes are mailed around December 1st and are due and payable on receipt through February 14th without interest. On February 15, they are late and have a 3% late fee attached which must be paid in full through the end of February. March 1, they are delinquent and must be paid at the county Treasurer's office and will have a 4% administrative fee attached plus a 1% per month late fee.
If you are paying your own bill, you can pay in person at the Treasurer's home or mail it. If the 14th is a Saturday or Sunday and/or the previous Friday or following Monday is a holiday, the payment must be received on the next following business day. Beginning the next business day after that, an additional 1% per month will be added on the first of each month thereafter. Failure to receive the tax bill does not waive interest.
Summer taxes may be deferred if your preceding calendar year total household income was less than $40,000 or you meet one of the following requirements:
- 62 years of age or older, including the unmarried surviving spouse of a person who was 62 years of age or older at the time of death
- A paraplegic or quadriplegic
- An eligible serviceperson, eligible veteran, or their eligible widow or widower
- A blind person or a totally and permanently disabled person
Applications for Deferment of Summer Taxes must be returned by September 14th and are available at the Treasurer's home or on-line here: You must apply for a deferment for every year a deferment is requested.
Summer Deferment Application
Your township Treasurer will accept tax payments most any time she is home by appointment. PLEASE CALL Treasurer Kim Palmer at 517-651-6245 (or email her at email@example.com) to arrange a time and day. Some reminders for you:
• You may pay for multiple parcels on one check, as well as adding your dog license fee to the same check
• By township board action, any charges incurred by the township as a result of payment, e.g. NSF or miswritten amounts,shall be born by the resident
• Please remember, taxes are due and payable on receipt. The last day to pay without a late fee is February 14, 2018
• Taxes paid February 15 and thereafter, will have a 3% administration fee added which MUST be paid in full
• Taxes paid March 1 and thereafter, MUST be paid to the County Treasurer and will include a 4% administrative fee plus interest
While the Treasurer is required by law to keep specific office hours pursuant to PA 641 of 2002, he will also be available to collect your taxes most other times too. However, please call first to make an appointment so as to be certain of his availability. The required dates for 9am till 5pm are September 14, February 28 or 29, and one day of Treasurer's choosing between Christmas and New Years Day which is printed in the annual newsletter which comes with winter taxes, or by appointment by calling 517-651-6245.